What is a Chiropodist?
A Chiropodist is a regulated primary health care practitioner who specializes in the assessment, management and prevention of diseases and disorders of the foot and ankle by therapeutic or palliative means.
As an essential member of the health care team, the Chiropodist specializes in providing continuing care of the lower extremity. A chiropodist treats individuals of all walks and ages, and is trained to design custom treatment plans to achieve optimal foot health.
Early detection of foot conditions followed by therapeutic intervention helps in the prevention of future complications.
No referral is necessary to see your local Chiropodist.
An Initial Assessment includes a complete and comprehensive patient history, gait analysis and physical evaluation of the lower extremity.
Treatments and Services
- Diabetic Care: wound/ulcer care, amputation management, routine nail and skin care, annual neurovascular foot examinations
- Sports Injuries: ankle sprains, turf toe, plantar fasciitis, orthotics, anti-inflammatory management, topical creams, corticosteroid (topical and injectible)
- Paediatrics: flat foot, club foot, toe-walking, intoeing, warts, bracing/orthotics
- Geriatric/Senior Care: toe nail, skin care, fungal infections, corns and callouses
- Rheumatology: accommodative devices, orthotics and footwear
- Biomechanical & Gait Analysis
- Podiatric Soft Tissue Surgery: toe nail procedures
- Wound Care: antibiotic/antimicrobial prescriptions, debridement and dressings, blister treatment
Your feet are the support system for your entire body so they deserve to be treated with the best of care. Schedule an appointment today!